Sales Contract & Health Guarantee
Please review the sales contract & health guarantee below. This contract will be signed on the day of pick up before a puppy leaves our care.
The Dachshund Domain
Purchase Agreement/Health Guarantee
Thank you for deciding to purchase one of our puppies. We want to make this a stress free enjoyable experience for you. Please feel free to email, text or call me with any questions or concerns that you might have along the way. We will keep you up to date with information about your puppy as it grows until it is time for your puppy to go to its new home.
This contract is written for the protection of both the breeder and the buyer - However, it is primarily written to protect the health and general well being of the puppy.
1. Please read the health guarantee completely before putting a deposit on a puppy. By putting a deposit on a puppy, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions within this contract.
2. We require a deposit in order to hold the puppy of your choice. The deposit amount is determined per litter.
3. This deposit is non-refundable, unless there is a problem with the health of your puppy while in the care of the breeder. In that case, the buyer will have their choice of a full refund or transferring that deposit toward another puppy.
**Please be certain that you are ready for the time commitment and financial Responsibility of a puppy prior to putting a deposit on one. **
1. It will be up to the breeder to decide when the puppy will be ready to go to its new home. Usually at the age of 8 weeks, depending on the puppy’s progress, weight of the puppy and how easily it is weaned from the mother. We will not, under any circumstances, let the puppy leave before it is ready. That being said, there is an additional charge for puppies ready to go & kept longer than 8 weeks of age at the request of the buyer.
2. The puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of sale.
3. The puppy will be up to date on shots and worming at the time of pick up of the puppy. It is very important that you continue the vaccinations and worming. Please do not expose your puppy to other dogs that are not vaccinated until he/she has completed the entire vaccination schedule - around 16-20 weeks old or take them to possible contaminated areas.
4. The puppy will have been vet checked and deemed in good health at the time of sale.
5. The buyer, at their own expense should have the puppy examined by a Licensed Vet within 72 hours of receiving the puppy.
6. If within 72 hours, a Licensed Vet finds the puppy to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the puppy may be
returned provided the puppy has not been injured or neglected. The veterinarian must provide a written statement deeming the puppy “unhealthy for purchase. The puppy will be replaced.
7. This guarantee does not cover any health issues caused by neglect or injury from the buyer.
8. This guarantee does not include minor illnesses and health issues such as colds, allergies, internal or external parasites or umbilical hernias. However, the breeder will disclose any known illnesses or health issues prior to the sale.
9. This guarantee does not include hair loss due to Alopecia in dilute colored dogs (isabellas or blues) as this can happen. We do breed our dogs responsibly and to the best of our ability to not produce lines with alopecia.
10. The breeder can not assume responsibility for this puppy after 72 hours of the sale. It is the responsibility of the buyer to care for the puppy properly and keep it free from harm. Please remember that your puppy must be treated with great care and protected from danger.
11. The breeder assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses incurred after the sale.
12. The breeder assumes no responsibility for training difficulties or behavior problems.
13. The breeder does not guarantee size. We will give the buyer the weight of the puppy’s parents and the weight of other puppies out of that mating. We can give the buyer an educated guess as to full grown weight, but there are too many variables besides genetics.
14. The breeder does not guarantee fertility or ability to breed for those puppies sold with Full registration. The puppy is strictly sold as a TOP QUALIY PET.
15. The breeder gives a one year guarantee against any life threatening genetic/hereditary diseases of the puppy. If this should occur then the puppy will be returned to the breeder, and the buyer will receive another puppy of equal value when there is one available.
16. No cash refunds are given.
17. The breeder certifies this is a purebred dachshund.
18. The buyer agrees that puppies purchased with Full AKC registration will not be bred before 8 months old for females or before 6 months for males. Buyer agrees to not sell the puppy with Full registration to anyone else unless it is back to the breeder or with the breeders permission.
19. The buyer agrees to put TDD or The Dachshund Domain in the registered name of a puppy purchased with full registration.
20. The buyer agrees to have their pets spayed or neutered by 8 months old for females & 6 months old for males.
21. If for any reason I am unable to keep the puppy, I agree to return the puppy to The Dachshund Domain and not place the puppy in another home unless given permission by the breeder.
22.Failure to comply with any of these listed will null and & void the health contract.
23. Once signed this is a legal and binding contract enforceable in court.
Litter DOB _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Breeder Signature ___________________________________________________________Date ________________________
Buyer Signature ____________________________________________________________Date ________________________